Friday, December 10, 2010

Today is my sweet Grandma's birthday. She should still be here...sometimes things really are not fair! I miss her so much! I don't feel like I have ever really let myself mourn her death...honestly I am afraid to. I hate going to her house now. It just isn't the same without hearing her giggle or hearing her slippers on the kitchen floor as she came out to greet us. I miss her cards and phone calls. She has always been my biggest cheerleader. I hate that she won't get to see my children and never got to meet Tessa. She would have loved Tess!
One comforting thing is that I do have a testimony of the Gospel. I know I will see her again someday and somehow, that makes my heart ache just a little less.
Thank you Grandma for your love and encouragement. Thank you for your sweet, quiet example. Thank you for teaching me that no matter what happens, I have the power to make a better life for myself and those I love. Thank you for teaching me the importance of being a strong and independent woman. Your legacy will live on for generations!
I love and miss you so much!
Happy Birthday!

1 comment: