Sunday, September 29, 2013

Primary Talks

Recently, both Adam and Tessa have been asked to give talks in Primary. Tessa gave her 2nd talk on he last Sunday in August and Adam was able to give a talk today. This is his first talk since he was a Sunbeam. He asks me almost every week when he will get another turn and was thrilled that his turn finally came!
I will put their talks in their journals, but Adam asked me if I would put them on the blog as well. Both kids helped write their talks and both had really good ideas of things they wanted to say. Tessa came up with her talk idea all on her own. 
Both of them received many compliments on how well their talks were written and presented. 


Adams Talk-given on September 29, 2013
In the Book of Mormon, King Benjamin teaches his people about the importance of serving others. He teaches that serving others is to help others and when we help others, we are really helping Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. We have been taught to serve with all of our heart, might, mind and strength. 
We can serve others with all of our hearts by showing love and kindness to others. When I am playing at school, I always invite others to play with me. It makes me feel bad when other kids don't include me in their games, so I try and make my friends feel happy when they ask to play.
We can serve others with our mind by thinking of ways to help other people.
We serve others with our might and strength by working hard. Especially  when we are doing things that are hard for others to do themselves.
I know that when we serve  others, we are really serving Heavenly Father and Jesus. When I serve others, I always feel happy and good inside. 
I hope we can all try to serve others with our heart, might, mind and strength.


Tessa's Talk-given August 25, 2013
I know Heavenly Father loves me because He hears and answers my prayers. Last year, I got to take a dance class. One night before my class, I couldn't find my dance clothes. My mommy and I looked in all of my drawers and all over my room. We couldn't find them anywhere. 
My brother, Adam, reminded us to say a prayer and ask Heavenly Father to help us find my dance clothes. After we said a prayer, asking Heavenly Father for help, my mommy and I had an idea to look inside my backpack. We opened my backpack and there were my dance clothes! (I forgot I had put them in there.)
I know Heavenly Father will help us when  ask Him. I am thankful I can always pray to Heavenly Father. 

No comments: