Thursday, April 24, 2014

Earth Day

Years ago I came up with some ideas for observing Earth Day to go along with Mommy School for Adam. Well, those little activities that I planned over 4 years ago have turned into family traditions. My kids have been asking me for weeks when they were going to get their Earth Day pancakes. Tuesday was Earth Day so we finally made their favorite pancakes. 
 My little artist spent some time in the afternoon making the earth out of her new sidewalk chalk. She did a great job! 
We had some plans for the afternoon-like going around the neighborhood with our Litter Monster, but a crazy storm picked up. I promised them we would go out with it later this week and feed our favorite Monster. 
 Our Earth Day ended with some Heavenly Dirt for dessert. Eric told me the first time I made this, he had a hard time eating it cause it looked so real. The kids gobbled their dirt up and were so happy to eat some worms!

No comments: